- This week we have registered four new major activist shorts campaigns.
- Grizzly came out with another Chinese target, White Diamond wrote about an apparently unsuccessful tech company that is already down 25% since the report, and Boatman highlighted allegedly dubious land transactions by a crypto-related company.
- Also, the ultimate superstonk, AMC got in a focus of a longer write-up.
- Lastly, we are tracking the most recent stock price gyrations at several previous targets, a questionable crypto play that continues to race higher, an allegedly fraudulent live-streaming business and a dubious holding company.
Bits and Pieces
A look at retail traders and options trading:
As the SPAC king goes, so go SPACs? Searches in 'SPAC' declined following a spike in searches for 'chamath'.
Arrowstreet Capital is the only money manager (MM) among the most active MMs on the European short-selling side, with more big shorts (shorts >0.5%) than 1 year ago:
Get most popular retail stocks. Track real time retail sentiment and popularity via our APIs and dashboards.
This week’s we saw several stocks that moved in the right direction for the short-sellers. One of the biggest movers was Aterian (ATER) which is down over 40% this week. ATER is a short of Culper Research who targeted the holding company due to allegations of dubious business model and serious red flags connected to insiders.
Most importantly, the report believed the company is run by...
(Stay on top of short selling developments - Join Breakout Point).
FAQ | Q: Can I publish parts of the above data and analytics in an article? A: As long as you reference our work in your article - yes, you can.
FAQ | Q: Could you provide more related data and analytics? A: Sure, join Breakout Point and start benefitng from our services.
* Note: Presented data and analytics is as of available on 2021-08-14 UTC 12:00.
The services and any information provided by Breakout Point or on the Breakout Point website shall not be or construed to be any advice, guidance or recommendation to take, or not to take, any actions or decisions in relation to any investment, divestment or the purchase or sale of any assets, shares, participations or any securities of any kind. Any information obtained through Breakout Point and its services should never be used as a substitute for financial or other professional advice. Any decisions based on, or taken by use of, information obtained through Breakout Point and by its services are entirely at own risk.